Circular Labs Forums  

Go Back   Circular Labs Forums > Mobius Discussion > Introductions

Old 01-23-2017, 06:05 PM

Default About to throw in the towel

Hi everybody,

as the title implies, i've been trying to get my Mobius-setup to work for some time, and i aint getting any closer. I'd thought i give it one last desperate try to get it working, but it will have to be with some help I'm afraid. So if any of you experienced people would be so kind to give me some, i would be super (!) thankful. I am prepared to pay for the service if it turns out to be a big task.

My setup is this:

- Mac, OS X Yosemite, 10.10.5
- Möbius version 2.5
- behringer FCB 1010 Midi foot controller
- behringer U-Phoria UMC404 Audio interface
- Shure SM58 Mic

My goal is this:

To be able to live-loop voice and handheld instruments, on stage.

My problem is this:

I simply can't program the midi controller with my desired commands. I've read manuals, I've watched instructional videos, I've asked for help, I've tried myself. Probably super easy to fix if you know what your doing, but so far no progress.

My technological skills are:

Poor. Like "grand mother" poor (close to, at least..). Never been very handling these things before.

So, if this seems easy for you and you could find it to give me some help, i would be very grateful. I just started to look for second hand Boss rc-300's, but thought i would give this one last try.

Cheers!
Old 01-23-2017, 09:44 PM

Just to get a sense of where you´re at:

Does Mobius have contact with the controller? You´ve added it under Configuration-> Midi Devices?
If so, does the controller show up when you go to Configuration->MIDI Control and check MIDI Capture - and then press a button on the Foot controller?

If so: Try adding the binding by choosing your desired function, pressing down the button on the midi controller and press "New". That should make a new binding.

Let me know how you get on.
Ableton Live/Pro Tools/Ableton Push MIDI Controller

Looper experience: Electric Repeater/Line 6 DL4/Roland RC-50/Boomerang III/Kaoss pad/Ableton Live
Old 01-24-2017, 02:08 PM

Hi pettervagan,

i can not see the foot pedal in Configuration->Midi Devices, i thought i wasn't supposed to. Hm.

Midi cable goes Midi out from pedal and Midi in on interface, right?

Thanks for taking your time!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

If I'm reading correctly the controller your using is FCB1010 which is MIDI only and therefore will not be visible in the Configuration-> Midi Devices list.

- Take a "MIDI-Out" from the FCB1010 to the "MIDI-In" of your Audio interface.

- Then check Configuration-> Midi Devices and your Audio interface should be in the list of devices.

- Now as pettervagan states... Open Configuration->MIDI Control and check the MIDI Capture box

- press a button on the Foot controller and see if a value is reported in the window to the left of MIDI Capture tick

If there is no response we need to go back and find out "why?" before we can move on to next

Software: Cakewalk Sonar Producer X3e, and Sonar Platinum
Hardware: HP pavilion dv6 3031TX, Win7-64-bit,
Controllers: Behringer FCB1010, Alesis ControlPad, Edirol PCR-500, Edirol UA-25, & UA-55,
+ Too many guitars to list and a Dog
Old 01-28-2017, 09:24 AM

glynndub - thanks for joining in!
I'm doing what you're suggesting without getting any response, though. I'm going to try it again with another Midi cable - it's a little shaggy, might be the problem - but i have to get one first. I'l follow up as soon as possible!
Old 01-31-2017, 10:19 AM

Thumbs up

So the problem i've been experiencing has been due to... a dysfunctional cable.
Bought a new one, have contact. Bada-bing.

I wouldn't have suspected it if it wasn't for your directives, so thank you! I'll be tinkering on by myself now that i have contact.