Circular Labs Forums  

Go Back   Circular Labs Forums > Mobius Discussion > Plugin Hosts

Old 01-22-2014, 08:47 AM

Angry Ableton 9 "Track Copy Timing" Does Not Copy Timing

I cannot get Track Copy Timing to work in Ableton 9, using Host Sync.

"Track Copy Sound" copies the length of the loop perfectly (Overdub or Play mode), but "Track Copy Timing" makes the second track exactly one bar long (Overdub or Play mode), or adds bars infinitely (Multiply or Insert mode).

I want Track Copy Timing to Copy the exact length of the loop in Track one to a new loop in Track two.

For example, I record a two bar loop in track one, then switch to track two, and it begins recording a two bar loop. No more, no less.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM

Think I have a similar problem. Ableton is only looping one bar when using Host Sync. Posted this a while ago but don't come any further. So I am going to subscribe to this topic. Hope someone jumps in:

Here is what I want to do: Make a synced loop to my metronome or drum loop from my host. After recording the initial loop I want to make a loop switch to a new loop of exactly the same length so that it starts recording automatically when the first loop ends.

I have my synchronization set to host and have Empty loop action set to copy timing. Time copy mode is set to overdub. I think this is the correct setting?
Now when I record my initial loop of two bars and switch loop it records only 1 bar instead of 2.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Bodde; 01-23-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:38 AM

Bumping this thread because the issue is driving me up the wall.

I've tried a number of ways to work around it only to discover more issues.

I am using JbridgeM, Ableton 9 64bit, and MacOS Sierra.

for example

!name Scroller
wait cycle
NextTrack
wait Last
InstantMultiply $track1.cycleCount
overdub **This line relevant to your empty track action**
end

Trouble is that for some reason $track1 very inconsistently finds the target and instead instantly multiplies by 2. Seems like with sync=host, Mobius is stuck thinking that the cycleCount is always 1 measure which it then multiplies by 2.

I do not wish to have Mobius as master because I am using Ableton link to work with some other players and find it much more stable than other Midi syncing options, considering using Network Midi as the master of mobius and utilizing the midi thru capability of Mobius but I am confident that between the inherit instability of the network midi clock and a midi loopback device, this method will fall short.

Would love some help fixing the $track1.cycleCount, or any other ideas for a work around. In the meanwhile I will just be using NextTrack with EmptyTrackAction = Multiply.

Last edited by lvdb; 02-13-2017 at 12:40 AM.