Circular Labs Forums  

Go Back   Circular Labs Forums > Mobius Discussion > General

Old 05-15-2017, 01:34 AM

Default Audio Meters and LEDs

Hey guys! I'm putting together a midi pedal al a Ed Sheeran's Chewie Monsta, and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can make the Audio Meters be Vertical instead of Horizontal (and incredibly small) similar to Ed's pedal. If you saw his grammy performance he has a new pedal and the screen on the pedal shows the track name and a meter extending from the bottom to the top of the screen. Is this possible to achieve with Mobius or is Ed now using a different plugin?

Also.. is it possible to send status from Mobius to Arduino to light up LEDs. If so, where do I start?

Thanks in advance! I'm looking forward to gettin this pedal up and running!
Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

This and related questions have been asked many times on these forums; see http://www.circularlabs.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1338 and also http://www.circularlabs.com/forums/s...highlight=LEDs.
You will note partial answers in Jeff's posts in both these threads.
Since there is no bi-directional communication between mobius and the controller, the only workaround approach I could suggest is to arrange the controller 'reset' state, & mobius 'reset' state to be compatible in some way such that LED 'status' messages are sent from the controller simultaneously with the MIDI/OSC messages to mobius, such that the LEDs reflect the status of mobius only by dint of keeping track of the state it should be in. Not very satisfactory, but mobius does not have any 'get' functionality, only 'set'.
As for the gui requirements, I can see it would be possible to get a vertical level meter using mobius within bidule (which I use), or possibly pd or max (not sure whether mobius runs in pd), but there's little access to the current gui other than moving parts of it around, changing font sizes (in the xml file) etc.
As to the arduino question, I can only suggest arduino forums; you're getting pretty OT for most of us here.
Dave

Last edited by PalmWino; 05-16-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:19 PM

Hi

I've done this just using the midiout code from the scripting manual. It's not perfect as it only triggers when scripts are triggered, so as already said you can't 'check' the state of tracks. It takes some messing around with as you have to cover every eventuality but it's not too much hassle. On the arduino side you need to add a midi in to your device using an optoisolator and a couple of resistors etc. Again not too difficult and there are plenty on guides on the web.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.