Circular Labs Forums  

Go Back   Circular Labs Forums > Mobius Discussion > Tips and Tricks

Old 09-10-2016, 04:38 PM

Default Remix Adding Audio Effects

I'm curious if anyone is laying down a simple loop and then later coming back and coloring it with audio effects. Kind of like using a kaoss pad to change things up in the loop.

I use Mobius in Ableton and can easily add audio effects to any audio channel. However not sure how to layer this back into Mobius. Maybe with some routing you could just overdub over but not sure about latency and also wet/dry would be nice.

I might also experiment with some some long delay to get a nice loop of the effect sound but then not sure about sync with the original loop.

Any other set-ups doing something like this?
Old 10-18-2016, 03:13 PM

I haven't sorted this out fully yet. I'm using Reaper rather than Ableton. I have Mobius outputting each track to an audio track in Reaper, which I can put effects on, turn them on and off, fiddle around with them but still be able to get back to the original loop.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

I don't use ableton, but run mobius as a plugin in plogue bidule. My aim was to reproduce my old hardware setup of 4sec delay/sampler into digitech time machine into lexicon jamman (original one).
It turned out to be very easy to run multiple mobius audio ports into an audio matrix, & route the outputs back into successive mobius input ports (taking care to avoid feedback loops!).
I never experimented with adding f/x to recorded loops, but that would be very easy, though I agree latency may become an issue with repeated re-recordings.
I would think most DAWs should be able to handle such routing, but I know cubase isn't too friendly in this department, & some have had problems with ableton too.
Although my setup is still capable of doing this, I rarely use the facility these days; running four tracks of (guitar) looping (plus live input & processing on that!) without re-recording them plus f/x I find quite enough to deal with!
Dave
Old 02-08-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlafber View Post
I'm curious if anyone is laying down a simple loop and then later coming back and coloring it with audio effects. Kind of like using a kaoss pad to change things up in the loop.

I use Mobius in Ableton and can easily add audio effects to any audio channel. However not sure how to layer this back into Mobius. Maybe with some routing you could just overdub over but not sure about latency and also wet/dry would be nice.

I might also experiment with some some long delay to get a nice loop of the effect sound but then not sure about sync with the original loop.

Any other set-ups doing something like this?
Syncing plugins in Ableton is easy...most of them have an option on thier gooey for sync. Especially delay vsts.